BANKER TURNED HAIRSTYLIST


-         My  Career Drive



Peak Pathway Magazine Press Crew had an exclusive interview with the CEO, Bruno’s Place (BRUNO OAIKHINAN) who left Banking job to become a hairstylist. Says ‘My wife did not support me when I dumped over half a million Naira monthly pay for hairstyling’     


1.      PPM : Can we meet you sir?
              
BRUNO: My name is Bruno but I'm not a dog. I remember back in the days how I used to be offended when people tell me my name is a dog’s name. But now I'm wiser because I found out that I was once a ‘dog’ but I have been converted. I'm now a god born of the Almighty God. I might be bearing a dog’s name but I'm a god in the inner man.

2.        PPM: When and where did you start your career?

BRUNO: I used to be a banker with over nine years experience in the banking sector.
I left Skye Bank in 2011 as head, Internal Communications Unit. Today, I'm a proud hairstylist and an entrepreneur providing a platform for others to express their God given talents. I'm presently the CEO, Bruno's Place, a Unisex Salon situated in IKEJA City Mall (ShopRite).

3.      PPM : What gave birth to Bruno’s Place?

BRUNO: I discovered my talent earlier in life. I'm a relationship expert. I needed a platform that would easily connect me with people. Money does not walk on the streets. People go with money. To have money you need people. Hairstyling was an easy platform for me to connect with people that will give me the kind of money I want.

     4 .     PPM : What is Bruno’s Place offering?
       BRUNO:   Put simply, we offer TRANSFORMATION for sale at a very CONVENIENT price.
        Bruno’s Place is a Unisex Salon and we also sell hair products and hair extensions.
        



5.       PPM :Did your wife support you in the beginning?

BRUNO: Whose wife will support a husband who dumped over a half million Naira monthly pay for hairstyling? She was not in support of it. She was used to seeing me in suit and tie and driving good cars. Over the years I have proved to her and others that a hairstylist can live the best life. It is not what you do but who you are. I'm using the grace of God upon my life to push what I'm doing.

6 .     PPM : What challenges do you face when you’re handling female customers’ hair?

BRUNO: None that I know of. I'm having fun and making money. I enjoy what I'm doing. I don't see the challenges.

7 .    PPM : Where do you see Bruno’s Place in the year 2020?
BRUNO: We should be in Port-Harcourt and Abuja by then. We want to dominate Lagos, Port-Harcourt and Abuja in Nigeria

8.     PPM : Who is your biggest career inspiration and why?

BRUNO: My biggest Career inspiration is Bobby Eke. He is popularly known as Bobby’s Signature. He perfected me in the act of hairstyling.


9.     PPM : What was the best advice you’ve ever received and from who?

BRUNO: I can't remember. Honestly the word of God dominates me. I read the bible a lot. There are life guiding principles in it and I'm controlled by them.



10.   PPM : What makes you happy?

BRUNO: Transforming lives and making living easy for people

11.    PPM :  Your embarrassing moment sir?

BRUNO: When I made a third class in my final year at the university. It was the turning point in my life.

12 .    PPM : So, what would be your advice to young adults especially graduates?

BRUNO: Discover your purpose, find a suitable platform to express it and be connected to people. You cannot do without people

13 .    PPM : What advice would you offer someone who is starting a new beauty salon?


BRUNO:  People do not buy what you sell but they buy into you first. Invest in yourself. Be renewed in your inner man, package yourself and share your experiences with others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 7 Ways To Hold On To Your Dreams

7 Effective Ways to Develop Your Negotiation Skills