I CHEATED (2)

My countenance fell and I had no clue of what to write. Right there and then, Failure was boldly staring at me! Unfortunately for me, my exam venue had a "Special center" and some men were dishing out Answers to the students who paid for Micro chips. I was just an ordinary candidate, and I never subscribed for their "assistance". Still seated in the exam hall, I was looking lost and confused when the chief Invigilator of the special centre, who had noticed my condition dropped a micro chip on my desk. I was surprised and speechless.... I had never cheated in my life! It was against my personal values and the teachings I heard in church. However, I had limited time to think; it was just few minutes to the end of the exam... The pressure was high! I saw in reality, what Temptation meant! Shaking like a leaf on water, I took the cheat and used it. After the exam, I cried my eyes out. I felt so bad, and was disappointed in myself.. I felt so filthy and I knew I had disappointed GOD. Though reluctant, yet I asked for mercy and forgiveness. I made a strong resolve that that would be the First and Last time I ever cheated! And GOD indeed helped me! When the result came out, I still didn't pass the subject and I was happy about it! I promised myself that I would rewrite the exam and excel without cheating. I wrote external exams 1,2 & 4 years after and all through university, I never cheated! I took reading more serious and guarded my testimony jealously. I understood that I am a light and no trace or element of darkness is meant to be seen in me. I became an advocate for Reading and shunned all kinds of malpractices! Today, I am passionate about inspiring the younger ones to give their academics the best they can and not Stoop low by engaging in malpractices. © Folake Oladipo Youth Development Expert | Minstrel | Writer | Speaker | Fashionpreneur FB: @Oladipo Folake IG: @Folake Oladipo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 7 Ways To Hold On To Your Dreams

7 Effective Ways to Develop Your Negotiation Skills