A DIFFERENT VIEW TO FAILURE

In life, Perspective is everything.
How you handle a victory or a loss depends on how you see it (perspective).
No man rises from Failure when he thinks that is the end of the world.

Some time ago, I decided to travel to Abeokuta (a City in Nigeria) via a route different from the one I've been used to.
And it didn't really turn out to be as good l as I had thought.
I felt bad and was almost regretting that I took a new route. But I immediately cautioned and said to myself;

"Folakemi, it is the method that failed, not you!"
"You have just learnt one of the ways through which you shouldn't travel to Abeokuta".

I intentionally snapped out of feeling like a failure... I did not hesitate at all!
I didn't allow the negative feeling to get hold of me and that gave me the deliverance I needed!

I'll advise every individual who at one point or another failed, not to get hooked with this kind of feeling;
Do not overwhelm yourself with the feeling of regret.
It is that event that failed, NOT you!
Change your perspective about failure!
Change your perspective about life!

When next you try carrying out a task and it doesn't work, know that you have just learned a method that you shouldn't repeat if you must get that very task accomplished.
Failure is not the endpoint until you accept it to be so.

© Folake Oladipo
Youth Development Expert | Minstrel | Writer | Speaker | Fashionpreneur
FB: @Oladipo Folake
IG: @Folake Oladipo

Comments

Unknown said…
Good one out there.. It's the method not the individual. I will definitely remember that. Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

Top 7 Ways To Hold On To Your Dreams

7 Effective Ways to Develop Your Negotiation Skills