TRUTH BENEATH OUR SMILES

Bitter-sweet lemonade
Sipped amidst a thousand tears
A million fears
My heart trembling
Emotions exploding
Spare me another round of the pain
This struggle to survive weakens my faith!
Not once or twice have I seen dark before
Yet this feels so different, it makes me numb
It's hard to spit out every single pain
'cos I'm tired of my emotions, don't know why they fail
So I'll take a blind walk through the lonely night
Hoping to eventually stumble to the light
I cover it all up and push out a smile
So the world thinks of my happiness as close as a mile
The things we never say encircle out minds
And they remain the truth beneath our smiles.

By Sikiru Sumayyah Omotoyosi
© Motoyosicrystal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 7 Ways To Hold On To Your Dreams

7 Effective Ways to Develop Your Negotiation Skills